Thursday, January 28, 2010

Syed Haider Raza Zaidi Album 2002 (Islamabad)

Assalam o Alaikum,

Syed Haider Raza Zaidi or simply known to me as Haider Bhai is one of the nicest persons that I have came across over the years. Haider Bhai originally hails from Arifwala, District Pakpattan, Punjab; however, he worked in Islamabad and also recited Manqabat and Soz-o-Salam in the central Imambargah. This is how I got to know him. He is one of the most gifted/talented Manqabat and Marsiya Khwan that I have seen.

As for the album Soz-o-Salam that I have attached below, if memory serves me right, I seem to remember that Haider Bhai gave me this cassette back in 2002. I have had the good fortune of hearing each track live whether it was a manqabat, soz, salam, or marsiya. Please listen to the complete album. I am sure you'll hear it over and over .....



On the player above, please click on the button on the bottom right to cycle through the full album.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats